Whether you are creating source code or writing HTML code, Sublime Text can make your work easier. It is a popular text editor with diverse features and cross-platform compatibility. It helps you to edit text when developing software.
Sublime Text is the creation of a Google software developer named Jon Skinner. This software was launched in 2007, and since then it has become a popular choice among developers. Initially, it was compatible only with Windows, but now it works with other platforms as well.
Sublime Text PC Software Download
|Initial Release Date||18 January 2008|
|Category||Development > Text Editor|
What is Sublime Text about?
Sublime Text is an advanced text editor for prose, markup, and code. Originally launched in 2007, it is currently in its fourth version which is compatible with Linux, Windows, and Mac.
While Sublime Text is a powerful tool for developers and programmers, it can also be used by bloggers and writers. It can be used for quickly running code, finding and replacing regex, multi-line editing, text snippets, and much more. Once you get the software installed, you can customize its settings, and manage your files and project.
How to use Sublime Text?
Sublime Text is capable of performing a variety of things. How you use the software depends on what you are using it for.
- The first thing you need to do is download the software from the official website.
- You can use the software for free as long as you want. But to gain access to all its features, you will need to opt for the paid plan.
- It allows you to adjust settings that are saved as JSON. The settings are divided into two rows. The right row contains the custom settings and values, and the left row has default values.
- All files in Sublime Text are stored in their respective folders. The project management interface allows you to create new files, and edit, rename, or open the existing ones.
- It gives you the option to extend its functionality using various packages and plugins. This is what makes it a suitable option for programmers and developers.
Features of Sublime Text
Sublime Text is one of the best text editors for developers for a reason. It is packed with many useful features that make your work quick and easy. Some of the key features of the software are:
- Highlight file management
The file management feature proves to be useful for writers and bloggers. It helps you to organize content and create folders for different categories of posts. Not just that, but you can also create a file for each chapter in a book.
- Rich plugin ecosystem
It comes with a rich plugin ecosystem that can be accessed via the in-built package manager. Developers can improve their workflow by adding necessary plugins.
- Multi-line editing
It allows for multi-line editing on both Mac and Windows. All you need to do is select all the lines together and edit them all at once.
- Split window support
It has support for split windows that allows you to view and edit multiple files together. This feature comes in handy when working on different projects.
Sublime Text is efficient software when it comes to editing code, prose, and markup. It makes your work easy by offering a range of valuable features.
Who should use Sublime Text?
Sublime Text can be used by developers, programmers, writers, and bloggers.
Is Sublime Text free?
Sublime Text offers a free and paid version. It’s up to you to decide which one you want.
Can Sublime Text edit multiple files simultaneously?
Yes, Sublime Text has the option for editing multiple files at once.